30 April 2016

Happy Walpurgis Night!

Here in Scandinavia we celebrate Walpurgis Night the day before May Day, and balloons are part of the celebration. I found some balloons in my stash and had the idea that perhaps I could doodle or paint on them. It was quite addictive and a lot of fun, and I couldn't stop after the first trial, so I ended up decorating them all in different ways. Here's the result:

I started with a mandala pattern with a thick marker pen.


Since the marker worked so well, I felt braver and tried a Posca paint pen next.


Then I did an allover pattern just in paint pen.


I started thinking about other media that might work on rubber and figured it was time to try alcohol markers and the Tim Holtz Spritzer Tool I recently invested in. I used a crocheted doily as a stencil.


And from alcohol markers it was only a short step to turn to solvent ink. I used a soft foam stamp and Staz On ink for this balloon.


Finally I thought about paint, and decided to try watered down gesso. That worked as well!


Here are the tools and media I used to decorate my balloons:


Pretty fun right? Now go forth my friend and decorate some balloons of your own! Thanks for visiting my blog and Happy Spring!




1 comment:

  1. Wow, these balloons look beautiful, you have done some great addition in it, Thanks for sharing such lovely post, can you share step by step video to do the artwork.

    ReplyDelete